General

Thursday Evening Small Group

A weekly small group event will be held on Thursdays from 7:00-8:30 p.m. This starts on February 1, 2024  — TODAY. I will lead a discussion, question, and answer session on the following topics: If a God exists, how can we know? Can we “prove” God’s existence? How can we know if the Bible is God’s Word? Is Christianity True? What about other religions? Why is there evil in this world? Does the existence of evil show that there is no God? Is atheism true? How can we know if atheism is not true? Can science show that God does not exist? Can Darwinian evolution show there is no God? Or does Darwinian evolution show that the biblical account of creation is false? Do humans have a soul and life after this life? How can we know if humans have a soul on philosophical grounds? Can computers be conscious in the same way humans are aware?

For our discussion, sometimes we will watch short videos. I’m open to answering questions and engaging in a friendly conversation with whoever wants to pursue answers to the above questions and others not listed above. I cannot promise to provide compelling answers to all of the above questions, but these are among the questions I’ve been thinking about and doing research on for years. I have also been teaching most of these topics. I will recommend books for further reading for more in-depth answers whenever I need to do that.

Remember that students who attend this weekly small group can get spiritual life credit.

All truth-seekers and those who want a deeper understanding of answers to these enduring questions are welcome!

Tedla Woldeyohannes

Your philosophy professor.

Posted By: Tedla Woldeyohannes