Personal Announcements

Returning to Prison

Colleagues,

I received word yesterday that Shakespeare at the Pendleton Correctional Facility can resume next Tuesday, December 14. I began Shakespeare at Pendleton in October 2013, and we have since completed four shows. We were working on our fifth show, Julius Caesar, when we had to shut down after our March 3, 2020 meeting. We have waited 21 months to resume, and this is an answer to my prayers. There will be a lot of work to do to re-establish our group and make new decisions about what we will do going forward.

In 2019, we did a show, Monologues and Scenes, involving a number of passages from Shakespeare and other playwrights, and a scene from Our Town. At the time, we had a t-shirt fundraiser for the program, using a design created by the men. I have 10 remaining t-shirts, 5 size Large, 5 size X-Large. I am willing to let these go for free, but I wouldn’t turn down a contribution for the Shakespeare program. The design is white on black t-shirts. Let me know if you’re interested in one. Jack Heller

Posted By: Jack Heller