Events

Battle of the Businesses – Sunday, September 16th

The Parkview Huntington Family YMCA is hosting the 2018 Battle of the Businesses. For those who have not yet had the chance to participate in years past, there are a number of events that will take place over the course of two weekends, September 7th-9th and 14th-16th. Businesses across Huntington County will recruit teams and employees to compete in these events. Last year, HU took home silver, but this year we are going for the gold! We can’t do this, though, without your participation.

Sunday, September 16th, events include: 1) a women and men’s divisions for bowling at 9:00 AM, 2) a co-ed division for bowling at 10:30 AM, and 3) Kayak Slalom at 2:00 PM. If you are interested in any of these events and would like more information, feel free to e-mail me at nkight@huntington.edu, and I can share more information about the event with you.

I will be posting events to the Forester Feed daily. If you find an event you would like to participate in, please e-mail me at nkight@huntington.edu, and I will make sure you get added to the roster for that event.

This year, the business office and human resources have extended incentives for HU employees who would like to get involved. If an employee participates in three events, the employee will receive half of a vacation day. If an employee participates in five events, the employee will receive a FULL vacation day. Also, when you sign up for an event, your name will be entered into a drawing for one of ten HU bookstore gift cards valued between $20-$25. Your name will be entered into the drawing for each event you participate in. REMEMBER: You must tell me if you wish to participate in these events, so I can keep track and report participation to HR.

Along with myself, Kay Schwob, Holly Tester, Deb Fitzcharles, Brian Jaworski, Adam Skiles, Kyle Shondell, and Evan Bennett will be meeting with all HU employees with the list of events and answering any questions about the competition. I hope you all will strongly consider getting involved this year. I know I had a blast last year getting to know my colleagues a little better but also getting to know some of the other businesses in town. Please let me know if you have any questions about this competition.