General

INTERNSHIP STORY – HUNTER SCHWOB

Sophomore, Hunter Schwob, used his J-Term to gain beneficial experience right here in Huntington County. Schwob, a history major, interned at the Forks of the Wabash, a historic museum just outside of Huntington.

“I was drawn to the Forks of the Wabash because I wanted to gain an experience on how museums were run, how the teaching aspect comes into play, and what challenges all that entails,” said Schwob.

Host to a multitude of events and manager of several trails and natural park features, the Forks of the Wabash served as an excellent growing ground for his experiential learning.

“I learned how to use (different software) in ways I never had before,” Schwob noted, “I learned what it takes to apply for various grants, and a lot more.”
When asked how this experience impacted his outlook on this field, he replied that it had “vastly changed” his outlook.

“Not only do I need to understand history, but also problem solving skills and (an ability) to complete tasks.”

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN LEARNING AND GAINING VALUABLE EXPERIENCE FROM AN INTERNSHIP LIKE HUNTER DID?
REACH OUT TO KYLE OR MARTHA IN THE ERC/CAREER SERVICES!