Home » General » Currently Reading:

Chapel for Thursday December 7th

November 29, 2017 General

Hello Everyone!
My name is Myra Vance and I am a senior Youth Ministry and Mission’s major here at HU. I am very excited for staff and faculty to be a part of this chapel happening on December 7th. I had this idea earlier in the semester to have a girl’s chapel and a guy’s chapel separately. I talked with Arthur a couple of weeks ago about the idea and he approved the idea.
So technically there will be 3 chapels going on all at once. There will be all the girls in the MCA led by Jessica Hatcher. The Junior and Senior guys will be led by Dr. Eilers. Then Freshmen and Sophomore guys will be led by Mark Vincenti in the room next to the recital hall. I wanted to extend the invite to all faculty and staff to be present at this chapel, I think it would be super powerful to have different faculty and staff present at each of the chapels.
My heart behind the chapel is to talk about different struggles that woman and men have in life, and sometimes that is difficult to talk about when we are all in one chapel. So we are creating space for the Lord to work with the women and the men here at Huntington University. If you are unable to attend, I would challenge you to be praying for the Lord to come and speak. I think this is going to be very impactful and powerful.
Just want to say thank you to each of you and all the hard work you have put into my life, and also lives of many others.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to shoot me an email at vancem@huntington.edu
Blessings,

Subscribe to the feed

Archives

Events

Senior Showcase – This Saturday

19 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Theatre Department

7:30PM in Zurcher Auditorium. Saturday, April 21. ADMISSION IS FREE!!! Presenting selections from great American plays and musicals: GYPSY, LUCKY STIFF, LONG DAY’S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT, RABBIT HOLE, A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, and more!

Senior Showcase – this Saturday

18 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Theatre Department

Don’t miss the Theatre Department’s Senior Showcase this Saturday, April 21 at 7:30PM in Zurcher Auditorium. Admission is FREE!!! Come support our graduating seniors as we celebrate their work over the years.

FORESTER LECTURE! April 24th

17 Apr 2018 | Posted By: David E. Alexander

Dear Colleagues, Please be sure to attend our next Forester Lecture. It is the annual Faculty Forester Lecture. Don’t forget to tell your students and do everything within your power (and beyond) to encourage them to come. Chapel Credit is available Here are details: Lecturer: Dr. John Noble, Assistant Professor …

General

Christiana in Top 12!

19 Apr 2018

In case you missed it, last night Coach Alicia Keys saved Christiana Danielle, which means HU’s own Christiana Danielle is in Top 12 Finalists for NBC’s The Voice! Make sure you watch The Voice on Monday, April 23 at 8pm on NBC to watch her, cheer for her, and VOTE …

“I am Jane Doe” a movie about child sex trade – – Students receive chapel credit

19 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Dr. Carla MacDonald

“I am Jane Doe”, Monday, May 7, 2018, Longacker Recital Hall, 4 – 6 pm. Receive chapel credit!!! “I Am Jane Doe” follows real cases of American girls enslaved in the child sex trade through ads. This documentary follows the journey of these young girls and their mothers as they …

Commencement Volunteers

19 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Cathy Trout

We’re looking for 5-6 staff volunteers to help usher at Commencement on Saturday, May 19. Duties include being helpful and friendly, and ensuring our guests enjoy the day. The time commitment is from 12:45 p.m. until Commencement is over at approximately 4:30 p.m. If you are interested, please email Cathy …

Announcements

Expressions of Thanks

27 Feb 2018 | Posted By: Greg Smitley

Thank you for the flowers, cards, personal visits, thoughts and prayers for our family over the loss of my beloved father, Charles Smitley Your generosity, kindness, and thoughtfulness have been a great encouragement. “The memory of the righteous will be a blessing…” Prov. 10:7

Princess and Superhero Academy

1 Feb 2018 | Posted By: Melanie Park

If you know a child who would love to be a princess or superhero for an afternoon, be sure to check out this fund raiser being sponsored by the Viking Volume show choir at Huntington North High School. See the flyer for more details including information for online registration.

Thanks for Your Expressions of Sympathy

18 Dec 2017 | Posted By: Karen Jones

I was sincerely blessed by the flowers, cards, and personal messages shared by the Huntington family after the loss of my father. Your actions reminded me of the importance of community and friendship during times of grief and crisis. Thank you for your expressions of love and sympathy.

Sports News

BASEBALL

19 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Joanne Green, SID

The HU baseball team opened up its regular season series with #RV Taylor University (32-10, 12-5) Wednesday afternoon at Forest Glen with a 9-1 loss to the Trojans. The Foresters have struggled a bit as of late having lost four of its last six contests. Frame’s crew got off to …

WOMEN’S GOLF

18 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Joanne Green, SID

The HU women’s golf team made history Tuesday afternoon by winning its first event in the program’s three-year life. The Foresters fired a 336 at the Ackerman-Allen Shoot Out hosted by Taylor University to claim Huntington’s first ever title. Leah Thompson topped the leaderboard by carding a 77 to earn …

BASEBALL

In a clash between the top two teams in the league, the Wildcats of Indiana Wesleyan bested the Forester baseball team twice, 5-4, 5-2, at Forest Glen to complete the regular season series sweep over their hosts. The Wildcats’ first win over HU was a 1-0 decision last Tuesday. With …