Home » Prayer Requests » Currently Reading:

Thank you for your prayers!

September 27, 2017 Prayer Requests

I wanted to write and thank all of you who have been praying for my dad and my family. My father, Jerry Landon, passed away Sunday September 24th, 2017 because of liver cancer. I was blessed to be able to spend the last two weeks of his life with him at his home in California. While I will miss him, I am very encouraged because for the first time I can remember he spoke of his faith in Jesus in very unambiguous terms. I know that I will rejoice with him in the presence of the Lord one day! God is faithful.

Subscribe to the feed

Archives

Events

FORESTER LECTURE! April 24th

20 Apr 2018 | Posted By: David E. Alexander

Our very own, Dr. John Noble will deliver the annual Faculty Forester Lecture on April 24th. Don’t miss it! Chapel Credit is available. Here are the details: Lecturer: Dr. John Noble, Assistant Professor of Bible and Religion, Huntington University Title: “Hagar: A Paradigm of Retribution and Redemption for the Alien.” …

Senior Showcase – This Saturday

19 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Theatre Department

7:30PM in Zurcher Auditorium. Saturday, April 21. ADMISSION IS FREE!!! Presenting selections from great American plays and musicals: GYPSY, LUCKY STIFF, LONG DAY’S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT, RABBIT HOLE, A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, and more!

Senior Showcase – this Saturday

18 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Theatre Department

Don’t miss the Theatre Department’s Senior Showcase this Saturday, April 21 at 7:30PM in Zurcher Auditorium. Admission is FREE!!! Come support our graduating seniors as we celebrate their work over the years.

General

Campus Update

20 Apr 2018

The Spring Board of Trustees will take place on April 19 – 20 in different locations on campus. Dr. Emberton will provide an update to the campus community on Tuesday, April 24 at 4:00 p.m. in Hiner Hall. All faculty and staff are invited to attend this session.

HU calendar events

20 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Margaret Pasko

If you can’t remember the date of events on campus, you can always check the HU calendar at www.huntington.edu/events.

Senior Showcase – this Saturday

20 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Theatre Department

What are you doing Saturday night? 7:30PM in Zurcher Auditorium. ADMISSION IS FREE!!! Program will last about 50 minutes, followed by a reception for our seniors in the MCA lobby Presenting selections from great American plays and musicals: GYPSY, LUCKY STIFF, LONG DAY’S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT, RABBIT HOLE, A STREETCAR …

Announcements

Expressions of Thanks

27 Feb 2018 | Posted By: Greg Smitley

Thank you for the flowers, cards, personal visits, thoughts and prayers for our family over the loss of my beloved father, Charles Smitley Your generosity, kindness, and thoughtfulness have been a great encouragement. “The memory of the righteous will be a blessing…” Prov. 10:7

Princess and Superhero Academy

1 Feb 2018 | Posted By: Melanie Park

If you know a child who would love to be a princess or superhero for an afternoon, be sure to check out this fund raiser being sponsored by the Viking Volume show choir at Huntington North High School. See the flyer for more details including information for online registration.

Thanks for Your Expressions of Sympathy

18 Dec 2017 | Posted By: Karen Jones

I was sincerely blessed by the flowers, cards, and personal messages shared by the Huntington family after the loss of my father. Your actions reminded me of the importance of community and friendship during times of grief and crisis. Thank you for your expressions of love and sympathy.

Sports News

**SPECIAL INVITATION FROM HU BASEBALL**

20 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Joanne Green, SID

The HU baseball team is adding a very special player to its roster by “adopting” two-year old cancer patient Teddy Nix as part of the national Friends of Jaclyn program. Teddy will be signing his HU Letter of Intent on Thursday, April 26, at 5:45PM at Forest Glen Park. The …

SOFTBALL

The HU softball team split its twin bill with the Cougars of Spring Arbor (17-21, 11-15) Thursday afternoon at Cougar Field. After suffering a 6-3 loss in the opener, the Foresters bounced back with a 5-3 win in the nightcap. Gower’s crew split with SAU at home as well to …

BASEBALL

19 Apr 2018 | Posted By: Joanne Green, SID

The HU baseball team opened up its regular season series with #RV Taylor University (32-10, 12-5) Wednesday afternoon at Forest Glen with a 9-1 loss to the Trojans. The Foresters have struggled a bit as of late having lost four of its last six contests. Frame’s crew got off to …